A verified artist channel comes with a blue checkmark badge, signifying authenticity and prominence.
This verification not only adds credibility to your YouTube presence but also unlocks various features and tools that can help you connect with your fans and showcase your music.
In this guide, we will explore the steps and requirements on how to become a verified music artist on YouTube, empowering you to leverage this influential platform to its fullest extent and grow your musical career.
Whether you’re a rising star or an established musician, this article will equip you with the knowledge to attain that coveted verification status on YouTube.
How Do I Become a Verified Music Artist On YouTube?
YouTube, with its massive global audience, has become a powerhouse for music artists looking to share their work, connect with fans, and make their mark in the music industry.
For many artists, achieving verification on YouTube is a significant milestone. A verified music artist channel is distinguished by a coveted blue checkmark badge, indicating authenticity and credibility.
It not only adds prestige to your YouTube presence but also unlocks valuable features and tools that can help you connect with your audience and promote your music effectively.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps and requirements on how to become a verified music artist on YouTube, ensuring that your channel stands out and elevates your musical career.
Step 1: Build a Substantial Presence on YouTube.
Before you can aim for verification, it’s crucial to establish a strong presence on YouTube:
- Create and Maintain a Channel: If you haven’t already, create an official YouTube channel for your music. Post-high-quality music videos, live performances, lyric videos, and other engaging content regularly.
- Consistent Upload Schedule: Stick to a consistent upload schedule to keep your audience engaged and returning for more content.
- Quality Over Quantity: Focus on producing high-quality videos and music content. Invest in good audio and video production to ensure your videos look and sound professional.
- Engage With Your Audience: Respond to comments, engage with fans, and encourage them to subscribe to your channel.
Step 2: Meet the Eligibility Criteria.
YouTube’s eligibility criteria for verification may vary slightly over time, but generally, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Authenticity: Your channel must represent a well-known, highly searched-for, or highly relevant artist or band.
- Substantial Following: You should have a substantial and growing audience on YouTube.
- Notable Presence: Your music should be widely recognized outside of YouTube, such as having a presence on other platforms, charting on music charts, or achieving significant media coverage.
Step 3: Verify Your Channel.
To begin the verification process:
- Sign in to Your YouTube Account: Access the YouTube Studio through your channel.
- Click on “Settings”: This can be found on the left sidebar.
- Select “Channel”: Choose “Channel” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Features”: Scroll down to find the “Features” section, and click on “Verify Channel.”
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions: YouTube may request additional information to verify your channel. This may include a phone number for a verification code.
- Wait for Review: After completing the verification steps, YouTube will review your channel. The process may take some time, but you will be notified once your verification request is approved or denied.
Step 4: Maintain Your Verified Status.
Once you’ve successfully become a verified music artist on YouTube, it’s important to maintain your status:
- Continue Creating Quality Content: Keep producing and uploading high-quality music videos, live performances, and engaging content.
- Interact With Your Audience: Foster a strong connection with your fans by responding to comments and engaging with them on social media.
- Promote Your Music: Leverage YouTube’s tools for music promotion, such as YouTube Premieres and YouTube Music.
- Stay Active and Consistent: Maintain a consistent upload schedule to keep your audience engaged.
- Monitor Your Analytics: Use YouTube Analytics to track the performance of your videos and understand your audience better.
Becoming a verified music artist on YouTube is a significant achievement that not only enhances your channel’s credibility but also unlocks various features and opportunities for promoting your music.
By following these steps and consistently creating engaging content, you can elevate your presence on YouTube and connect with your fans in a meaningful way.